Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been baking a lot of classics lately, mainly because I get a lot of special requests from my family and friends. I must point out that nothing brings me more joy than to bake for others and to see the smiles that light up on their faces once they take the first bite. It makes all the hours in the kitchen SO worth it!



Back to main topic.. I like to play around a lot with cookie recipes. I never actually stick to one because it just never seems.. Good enough? Yeah, that's probably it.

To my delight, Nigella Lawson (yes, she is one of my all-time favorite chefs) has been on the hunt for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, too. It seems like we both share the same agony of not being able to find the right chocolate chip cookie. Here's a quote from her cookbook Kitchen:

"..you'd think a plain cookie with a few chocolate chips folded into the mixture would be a simple matter. It's not. It's never difficult to make, just difficult to get right. I may be picky, but to my mind, or my mouth, a cookie that's too crisp feels dry and disappointing and a cookie that's too chewy tastes like dough. I want a bit of tender, fudgy chewiness but an edge of crisp bite, too."



I definitely couldn't have said it better myself. This woman is a genius. Pure genius.

I simply ADORE cookie dough. I can eat this entire thing raw. It's worth the tummy ache.








Milk and cookies, anyone? :)



 http://blog.maisoncupcake.com/forever-nigella/


20 comments:

  1. Have I had these? OMG they look so yum, yum!
    Also, love the last picture and the splatter with the milk, nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe yes you have had one! ;)

    That was a beautiful mistake, (if I may say so myself) wasn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooooooooooookies :D

    PS. I like the splash of milk on the table. Very cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, im so making a batch of these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look gorgeous. I haven't made them yet - slowly making my way through Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Señor, you definitely should. They are awesome!

    They're very easy and fun to make Sally. I'm going to make these when I'm feeling too lazy to bake :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how come i no get no cookies? :( *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these do look good and you're quite right, the lady has really nailed the description of the perfect cookie there. Thanks for joining Forever Nigella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for setting up such a fun competition, Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Ive just discovered your blog (from Forever Nigella).
    These cookies are gorgeous. I made them for the 1st Forever Nigella challenge.
    Im a big fan of chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helene! Thank you so much for dropping by, I can't get enough of chocolate chip cookies either! Nigella's recipe is easy and fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know the feeling of seeing the smiling faces of those who tasted your cookies, it feels really good. Making the right chunky chocolate chip cookies is a challenge to everyone who wants to make them. These cookies looks delicious, if I can, I want to have one right now. Eating chocolate chip cookies is not perfect without milk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne Lakshika PintoMay 31, 2011 at 1:02 PM

    is this her recipe from Kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anne Lakshika PintoAugust 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM

    is this her recipe from Kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, im so making a batch of these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these do look good and you're quite right, the lady has really nailed the description of the perfect cookie there. Thanks for joining Forever Nigella!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazingly easy and really looks delicious. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my Alcohol Server Certification.

    ReplyDelete