Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pink & Purple Cakes

It's Spring Break and man, am I relaxed! I have tons of university work to tend to but being the procrastinator that I am, I can't help but sleep in those extra few hours and go out spontaneously with friends. I'm going to miss being a student..

The other day I received an order for a lovely lady's daughter's birthday party. She wanted two cakes to match her pink and purple theme. She didn't ask for anything else in specific and told me to just be creative about it and keep it girly. I gotta say, it's quite refreshing to get cake orders where I can do as I please ;)

The pink cake, with a bit of a Spring theme:


Tried my hand at a basket weave



And the elegant purple cake:



Sparkles

And part of the order was 50 mini cupcakes in, of course, pink and purple:





Did I mention how much fun it is to decorate with edible glitter?

Happy Baking!

10 comments:

  1. Pretty cakes Yasmin! Where did you get your edible glitter? I bought mine back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cakes!!! I want to know where u got edible glitter from... Looks luscious! Hope u have ur own bakery soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love the purple cake, and well done on the basket weave! I admit to being an avid baker, but I rarely ice my cakes and cupcakes - you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO PRETTY!!!
    Where did you get all that fairy dust from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Abigail! A friend of mine has brought me some from Lebanon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina you are such a sweetheart! Thank you! A friend brought me back some edible glitter from Lebanon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me, all you need is practice. I am still trying to perfect piping techniques. You can do it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you dear. Fairy dust is from Lebanon :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look beautiful! I do bake often but my icing skills aren't all that great, however I would love to try these out. Your technique looks absolutely flawless :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much!
    Trust me, practice is all it is. And passion for what you're doing! You'll be very proud of your work once you're done :)

    ReplyDelete